Friday, May 1, 2009

Kristina’s CI #50

Wow! Kristina is celebrating her 50th Colour Inspiration challenge in style, with tons of lovely prizes…so I thought I’d just pop in a quick post so I don’t miss out :)

Kristina's CI #50

 

Isn’t this pin cushion just gorgeous??? As I am currently obsessed with my 5th Ave Floral I had to use the flower as my inspiration and this is what I came up with:

Kristina's-CI-#50

I stamped the large rose in Stazon onto watercolour paper and coloured it with Riding Hood Red ink and an aquapainter. The other two flowers were stamped on Whisper White with So Saffron and Close to Cocoa. The sentiment is from a long retired set that Mama has and I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to separate what was a one line sentiment so it would fit inside the designer label punch. It’s stamped in Red with a Saffron 1 3/8” circle behind it. The base card, ribbon and rhinestone brads are all Tempting Turquoise. Those brads really are straight…I just realised that the pic is crooked and will try to replace that in the morning :)

Hope you like it,

Lily signature copy

4 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Lovely, as always! Don't you just love that set?!?!

And all my pics are crooked - that's how I take them. ;-)

June Houck said...

Oh, that large rose is delicious! And I think your picture looks good :)

Winter said...

Very pretty! Love that stamp set!

lauren bergold said...

now see, i think this is why i will never make a "hard core" stamper...it's not the stamping, as such... (tho i manage to get ink EVERYWHERE, which is why my stuff's usually cut out!) ...more the techniquey bits and the fancy coloring! on the plus side, it makes me ♥LOVE♥ to come round here and drool over the cool things you do!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online