Sunday, June 1, 2008

Kristina Werner's CC #10

Kristina didn't have a colour challenge last week :( Can't blame her though, that is one busy, busy girl! Then yesterday I came across this...a weekend colour challenge.

I was intrigued. For some reason these colours really caught my imagination. My back was killing me and so I thought I'd just have a little lay down and rest for a bit....but the idea for this card just wouldn't let me relax! Like Mad says...sometimes you've just got to get it out before your head explodes (or something like that....right???)

So, this is the idea that wouldn't leave me alone:

Sorry about the crooked pic, but I really couldn't be bothered trying to take another one, and my photo editing skills are non-existent! But I think it's pretty clear what I was trying to do. The card base is Bashful Blue, and of course that made me think of the sky.... the fence is an Old Olive scallop made with the slit punch and the palings are drawn in with the matching marker and smeared a bit with the aquapainter for a more 'fence like' look. The flowers and butterflies come from the 'Time Well Spent' set and were stamped in Craft White and clear embossed, on So Saffron and Not Quite Navy respectively, before being cut out. A couple of the flowers are covered in Crystal Effects and popped up on dimensionals. The butterfly on the fence just had its spots coloured in with the white gel pen, but the one flying away had it's dots dabbed with CE and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds glitter....it's not very clear in the pic but it is all pretty and sparkly! It's 'trail' was just pierced. They were both stuck on with half a dimensional only on the body bit and the wings are kinda flapping around.

The sun is a So Saffron Scallop punched out and turned and punched again to make it more sun like....(thanks for that idea Miss Treez!) The 'Happiness' sentiment is stamped in Saffron and comes from 'Warm Words'. The clouds are sponged in White, through the left over scallopy bit....how do you explain that??? Anyway, the craft ink gives them a nice 'fluffy' texture.

Finally, the 'daisies' along the front of the fence come from a piece of Saffron DSP from the Palette of Prints.....I'm getting my money's worth from those! I think that's everything....

Right, that's enough waffling on. I just love this card....might even stick it up on the wall and just look at it for a while, cause it makes me feel summery when it's starting to get a bit chilly here in Sydney!

Have a great day,

Kristie

12 comments:

chocolate hug said...

Cute Card! I really dig the butterflies!

Anonymous said...

What a fun little summery scene ... love how you combined the colors.

Pamela Smerker said...

super cute! i agree sometimes when you get that idea in your head you have to get it out. TFS

Anonymous said...

Oh Kris, this is so darn CUTE! No wonder you're in love with it. I think I am too!!

Nikki Bond said...

This is sooo cute Kristie! I would frame it too...it really does have a summery feel to it! Those clouds look wonderful too...I LOVE craft ink! You rocked this challenge! {SMILES}

lauren bergold said...

please add me to the growing list of folk WHO LOVVVVVES DIS CARD!!!!!! (sorry...i've found "cheezburger speak" invading my language lately...let that be a lesson to you about getting addicted to silly cat-based sites on de interwebz!) (SEE??!) :)

(ps: i totally got the bit about sponging thru the leftover scalloppy part...i think you were admirably clear, there!) (could you translate it into ancient coptic for me when you get a minute, tho??!) (hehehehe--sorry)

Traveling Mama said...

Hope your back is feeling better! Super cute card!

Deanna said...

Very cute card!

Sam said...

Hi Kristie,

Very pretty card! Makes me think of spring!

All the best,
Sam.

Sam said...

Hi Kristie,

Very pretty card! Makes me think of spring!

All the best,
Sam.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Thankyou for your comment on my post Kristie. Have just popped on to take a peek at yours, and I think I might have to borrow your idea!!! I might even get away with adding some PINK this time. hahaha.

Angela Sargeant said...

Faaaabulous!!! I love this card. :D Wonderful work Kristie.

p.s. I just did your Jane Austen quiz and I ended up being Marianne Dashwood. LOL

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online