Friday, July 18, 2008

Always

The second challenge Alisa gave for the cyberstamp on Wednesday night was to use VersaMark on a card (or layout). It could be any technique you liked and I initially thought that I would do emboss resist....but I'm sure you all know what it's like...you start out with a plan to do one thing and end up doing something else entirely!! This afternoon I was lying down, cause my new medication had made me really dizzy...although some people would probably say that's my normal state :) Anyway....I had this idea that I really wanted to use this pink ruffled ribbon from the Ribbon Originals 'Fairytale' pack that Madonna gave me for my birthday. These ribbons are sooooo yummy. Then I thought about the heart from 'Always', one of the new sets that I got from the new mini catalogue (starting August 1st). So, that's how the colour scheme came about. The ruffled ribbon is Regal Rose, so I used that with Rose Red and Silver.

There's lots of silver embossing on this card, along with silver ink for the 'Always' sentiment, and a gorgeous flower silver brad from the new 'Styled Silver' hodgepodge hardware. The silver brads in the corners are from that HPH as well. The corners were punched out with the 1/2" circle punch and I used the 1 3/8" and 1 1/4' circle punches to mount the sentiment.

The card turned out completely different from what I started to make, but in the end I really like it! As usual it's much prettier in real life :( but I guess that's always the way! I'll probably replace the pic tomorrow when I've got better light for a photo...one of these days I'll get myself a proper light box for taking pictures at night, but until then you'll just have to put up with my shoddy photography!! {ETA: Have put in a better photo and made a note to myself not to take any more pictures at night until I get the light problem sorted out!}

Anyway, just thought I'd share this with you....now I just have to think of someone to send it to!!


Have a great day


Kristie

3 comments:

Madonna said...

Kris, this is just lovely!!! Very nice indeed!!! Well done

Kristy said...

Very very nice! Im sooo getting this set Monday

June Houck said...

Very pretty card and color combo. I love when things don't seem to work out, but really really do!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online