Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lauren's birthday card

Now that Lauren has finally received her birthday card I can show it here. The reason it took so long was that her and I have hundreds of things in common...one of which is the failure to post cards in a timely manner so that the recipient gets it before their birthday :)
Please excuse the bad picture...or more accurately the bad lighting and my inability to fix it! There's a lot going on in this card...Pretty in Pink, Pink Passion and Pixie Pink CS, some retired SU paper which I never knew the name of, the retired French Script background stamp, So Swirly wheel...mmm what else? Ribbon, buttons and flowers from the PINK smiggle stuff I won, Kaiser birdie rub ons and pink rhinestone brads. It's all very 'Laurenish' and blatantly taken from her paper adventure page on favourite things....she liked it anyway!

I have actually been very busy making things...but they're for a swap and I don't want the girls to see them before I send them out so that will have to wait. I also made a 21st birthday card for my housemate who was off to a party tonight...but forgot to take a pic of it so.....
Anyway....back to the swap making for me....the idea that I originally had for one of the cards is just not working and it's incredibly frustrating...so I'm just going to scrap it and try something completely different. I also have plans to make a little mini book for my Mama with pics of the grand kids...and I have decided to start paper adventure, even though it is half way through...I might catch up with the older challenges or I might not, but it is meant to be fun so I'm not putting any pressure on myself.
Have a great day
Kristie

4 comments:

lauren bergold said...

now see, i think it is BRILLIANT to wait for someone to list their faves...and make a card "to order"!!! no wonder i love it sooooooooooooooooo very very VERRRRRRY much! thank you again oh FAB one!!! :)

lauren bergold said...

ps: YAY to paper adventure!!!!!!!!! go, you! :)

June Houck said...

Perfect for the divine Miss L!

Kadee said...

this is cute! So funny because my sister in law used to be Christie Morrison...now she's married, but none the less. :-)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online