Sunday, July 27, 2008

Today's post brought to you by....

...the extraordinary Terry Pratchett! This, my dear readers, is actually quite lucky for you because it was almost brought to you by the Secret Grammar Police (SGP) and would have contained a rant about the incorrect usage of homonyms, the prevalence of saying me & someone else (rather than someone else & I) and an absolutely appallingly bad usage of the word *whom* in a published scrapbook layout (which also had the aforementioned incorrect use of me etc). But I thought that I should refrain from inflicting my grammatical snobbery on you all and instead share with you some of my favourite Terry Pratchett quotes:

God does not play dice with the universe. He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
'Good Omens' {this is my all time favourite}

Gods don't like people not doing much work. People who aren't busy all the time might start to think.
'Small Gods'

He says gods like to see an atheist around. Gives them something to aim at.
'Small Gods'

An education was a bit like a communicable disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
'Hogfather'

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
Terry Pratchett

I hope you enjoyed them. This may become a regular feature to amuse you when I have nothing to show you in the way of crafty eye candy. I have made things...it's just that they can't be posted here at the moment for reasons of secrecy...ie: don't want to spoil the surprise!!

Hope you all have a fabulous day

Kristie

4 comments:

June Houck said...

Thanks for the chuckles :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely loved that last quote. I think i'll go and make a creative journal page using it. Hahahahaha.

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Love the new pretty blog!

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooooooh! PTERRY!!!!!!!!! my favorite! (ok, well, one o'them!) this should *definitely* become a regular feature...i'm just a bit sad...that i didn't think of it first!!! :)

(ps coincidence #994: serious grammar, spelling or syntax errors in professionally published material!! ARRRRARRRARRARRGGGGH!)

pss: assume you know the "l-space web" but if not: http://www.lspace.org/ GO!!!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online