Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Card of the Week

Here's the next instalment in my Card of the Week feature for Alisa's team forum for August featuring items from the Mini catty...a Christmas card! One done...a bajillion to go!I haven't been feeling too great the last week or so and I wanted to keep this pretty simple and easy...the thing that took the longest was tying the bow...and it's still not perfect! Oh well, practice makes perfect right? I wouldn't want to be mailing this one with that ginormous bow on it, but it's pretty!! I don't like making a whole bunch of cards that are exactly the same anyway, but this colour combo is rather nice for Christmas I think...not your traditional red and green, but I'm not a big fan of that anyway. I'll probably make some more similar to this...just without the hardware and big bow!!! But I've also got a few other ideas for Chrissy cards that involve much less traditional colours...like PINK & PURPLE...LOL!!

Right, enough blather, I have heaps to do today and really need to get to it. Here's the ingredients:
Stamps: Short and Sweet
Ink: Always Artichoke, Purely Pomegranate
Card stock: River Rock, Always Artichoke, Purely Pomegranate
Other: Holiday Harmony DSP, Styled Silver Hodgepodge frame and brads, Purely Pomegranate Satin Ribbon, Designer Label punch, sponge daubers, pop-up glue dots.


Hope you all have a fantastic day
Kristie

5 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

I love it! Isn't that satin ribbon just tasty!!!???

Sorry you're not feeling well..

It certainly doesn't show in your cards!! :)

Cass said...

Great card. I think I *need* some of that ribbon! :)

Nikki Bond said...

Very elegant Krisite...love the simplicity too! Gorgeous! {SMILES}

June Houck said...

Simply Elegant! I love those colors and the hardware and the gorgeous ribbon, and the bow looks fab in the pic AND it's wonderful :)

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

oooh Love that gorgeous bow! Do tell how you tie such a perfect bow?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online