Thursday, August 21, 2008

Channeling the Elite

Last night I sat down to make a card using a colour combination suggested by Madonna: Old Olive, So Saffron and Taken with Teal. I wanted to do some colouring (a la Alisa) and I was a bit inspired by some of the lovely vintage-y things that Angela has been doing lately, as well as her use of the awesome wide Saffron ribbon yesterday. So this is what I came up with:

S6300809

I am not entirely sure that it was a complete success, and on further consideration I should probably not try to do too many things at once...LOL!! I've used the flower from "Bloomin' with Beauty" stamped on watercolour paper and coloured with Teal and Olive, the retired French Script background stamp in Teal on the Saffron CS, and the sentiment from "Spring Solitude" punched out with the Word Window Punch. The flowers up top are from the Pretties Kit and coloured with Saffron and Teal Markers, with a Saffron brad in the centre. The ribbons are from the Sherbet and Theatre ribbon originals. There's lots of distressing and sponging too.

It actually looks ok IRL, but I'm not sure that it's going to be a favourite. It make have to go into the dodgy card box to be given to someone with no appreciation for what a good card looks like....pmsl!!!

I best be off now and try to get some work done, instead of messing around with this techno stuff.

Have a wonderful day,

Kristie

1 comment:

Lydia Fiedler said...

Oh my - this is beautiful. You're talking to my heart with the blue flower.

So what do you think of the software? I just did a whole post in Adobe Contribute for the first time and it gave me a non-descript error message when I went to post which has made me a little snarky! :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online