Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hi & 3BT

The other night I had some fun with the Spring Fling DSP. The colours in this paper are so pretty and fresh...really very cheerful. June commented on yesterdays post that the colours were very *Autumn*, so today I decided to show you stuff with a *Spring* feel....then I just need to do something for Winter and Summer and we'll have the four seasons covered...LOL!The colours in the Spring Fling DSP are Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink and Sage Shadow, and I've used them all in last Saturday's sketch from i {heart} 2 stamp. The 'hi' is made from 'On Board Lots of Letters', which were coloured with Pretty in Pink ink and then covered in Crystal Effects to make them shiny. I wanted to make a cheery HI card after seeing the awesome ones Madonna made the other day...my sister is a constant source of inspiration for me and I love to try out the ideas I get from her blog. The row of little dotted circles on the sentiment panel are a stamp from 'One of a Kind' inked in Celery and the background Sage panels are stamped with the flowers from Boho Backgrounds in Celery ink as well. The silver brads and ribbon slider come from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge, and the ribbon is narrow Celery grosgrain.

While I had that DSP out I decided to finally cover my *three beautiful things* journal. You can see the original 3BT here.
I've used Celery, White and Pretty in Pink CS with the Spring Fling DSP. There are a couple of Pink buttons on the circles down the bottom and the letters and number 3 are again from the 'On Board Lots of Letters', this time covered in Celery CS and then Crystal Effects. At the top I've punched a hole through the far left circle and put in a Jumbo Pewter eyelet using the trust Crop-o-dile...that thing will punch through anything...it went through the chipboard cover, Celery CS and DSP like butter!! I've threaded through a length of Pretty in Pink Taffeta ribbon and tied a knot to keep it in place....and if you look very closely you'll see a clear rhinestone brad attached to the bottom of the ribbon. That's my permanent bookmark, so I can easily find the page I'm up to.

The whole concept of 3BT, for those of you not familiar with it, is to write down three beautiful things about your day, every day. It only takes a few minutes to do, but you soon find that you spend more time looking out for beauty and niceness in the world, and it actually makes you feel happier every single day! Of course my journal is not in the same league as Lauren's creations...as yet mine are just writing, no stuff stuck in, but as I've been keeping a journal since I was about 14, I find that really easy to do. I'll save the *art* stuff for the other areas of my creative life!

Right then, better stop playing around and go do some *real* work....unfortunately :(

Have a fantastic day,
Kristie

3 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

These are gorgeous! I love that color combo and the layout of the card is fabulous! {SMILES}

lauren bergold said...

hey hey hey! how AWESOME is your 3BT book?!?! WOW!!!!!!!! i loooooooooove it! (great idea to make a bookmark, as well...DUH...that never occurred to me!)

oh yeah, and i love the HI card...avec patented springy colors...i gotta go see "FALL" now too, obviously!

June Houck said...

I love these spring colors too! Great job on your card and journal cover. {sigh} I need to start a 3bt book too...you and Lauren are both doing such a nice job!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online