Friday, February 20, 2009

Love Them...

First up, I just want to apologise for being MIA this week. My back decided that it was going to be very naughty indeed and there has been little in the way of creativity here this past week...lots of naughty swear words, but no craftiness. I went to the doctor on Tuesday and finally gave in to her persuasion of upgrading my pain relief. I started on a transdermal pain relief patch...delivering the *good* stuff straight into my blood stream 24/7. Let me just say that the first couple of days were rough...I was high as a kite and my brain was NOT functioning at all. Today I seem to have adjusted to the meds and am starting to feel more like myself...only with less pain, so that's a plus. I'm having a couple of weeks off *work* (LOL) to try and get back to normal...as normal as I'll ever be anyway ;)

As I was feeling a bit better today, I FINALLY finished the luggage tag album that I started waaaayyyy back in November and thought you might like to see it....well, Madonna wanted to see it, so I guess you all have to....LOL!!!!




The list of ingredients for this project would be way to long (plus I might not remember them all!) so I'll just say that I used a Kaiser Luggage Tag Album, lots of Basic Grey Urban Prairie with matchy Bazzil textured CS (from a Lime Tart kit), Thickers, ribbons, Primas (of course), buttons, brads and bling. If you have any questions let me know, ok? The real stars of this album are Mad's gorgeous kids (oh yeah....Mama & Mad make an appearance too).

These are not all the pages....just a little snippet....I might post more if I get stuck for material some time...LOL!!! I'm loving the way it turned out...this BG paper is just divine and is a close favourite with the Bittersweet....but I don't think I've ever seen a BG paper I didn't like!

I'm off to have a play...I got some cool things a while back that I've been hanging to play with but haven't had the chance...so I better go while I'm feeling ok :)

Wishing you all a wonderful & creative weekend,
Kristie

6 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Kristie these look fantastic! Cant wait to see what other stuff your playing with :)

June Houck said...

I'm with you re: BG. Bittersweet is now my all time fave, but I have a lot of "old" faves. I think I bought a sheet of the birdie paper (your front cover) because it is so cute! But I have been afraid to cut it up. Now I won't be afraid! You have inspired me AGAIN.

Your book is GORGEOUS! And not just because the subjects are so beautiful. Even without the pictures of Mad, Mama, and Mad's adorable children, this is wonderful. Yeah, I wanna see the rest whenever you post them.

Feel better soon!

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, how pretty! Love the shape of the book, and of course the BG papers. Hope you feel better soon!

lauren bergold said...

awwww MAAAAANNNNNNNN!!! those pesky timely commenters have stolen all the things *I* wanted to say! to wit: shape of book is awesome...BG rocks generally & urban prairie rocks HERE specifically...pics & embellies are WAAAAY coooool...rats! now i just look like a copy cat!!! (on the other hand...it's ALL TRUE!!!!!!!!!!) ♥♥♥

hope DA BACK is startin' to feel better...it's hard to even put sentences together in that condition...*HOW* are you still making gorgeousness?!?! you're a marvel, girl!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's beautiful what a lovely keepsake.
Hope you are feeling better soon, I know how hard it is to do anything with a bad back.

Nikki Bond said...

So sorry to hear about your back pain....I've thrown mine out once and It was a week of pure hell...I feel for you really! As for your luggage tag....GORGEOUS! There's just no words for how wonderful it turned out! Have a GREAT weekend and hope you feel more like your wonderful self soon! {SMILES}

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online