Sunday, May 17, 2009

Flutterby

Sorry I didn’t get back yesterday as I had hoped…it was one of those days :) We started off bright and early and went to a few garage sales where we picked up some super bargains. Then, of course, there was lots of outside play time with Jethro and Mama’s dog Pokey (as in the Golden Book stories about the Pokey Little Puppy…he looked just like that when he was a baby) and of course I had to be the bringer of coffee and cold drinks to Mama while she cleaned the floor where she’d pulled up the old carpet and washed the walls in preparation for painting. Then there was all the computer stuff I still have to finish…I’m forever realizing that I am missing a bunch of stuff, it’s really frustrating me….this week I will definitely be going and buying an external hard drive and implementing a regular backup plan for the computer….that way if anything happens I won’t have to go through so much hassle to get it back to *normal*.

OK, you’re not here to listen to me whinge…you’re here for the card, right? This week’s challenge at Magnolia Down Under Challenges is *Flutterby Butterfly*. I had hoped to do another card for this one, as I wasn’t entirely happy with this card, but I ran out of time and so this is what I have to show you:

S6301937

I’ve used lots of the new in-colours with this one….Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss. The ribbon is the delicious new Riding Hood Red taffeta with a Vanilla edge…just gorgeous. There’s nothing too much to explain with this one…it’s pretty easy, but if you have any questions let me know. Oh, I probably should say that I got the image from Kellie, stamped on watercolour paper and it was coloured with an aquapainter and the ink from the lids of the inkpads.

Right, before I go I thought I would share a gratuitous puppy picture :) It’s so great to see that Jethro is a completely different puppy from the one who arrived here last Monday…his belly is soooooo fat and he has a lot more confidence and I guess it’s contentment :) He is one good puppy too….he’s really smart and learns stuff quickly….like how to tell me he needs to go outside to go…well, you know :) Anyway, here he is:

S6301911 

He’s so adorable!

Hope you all have a great Sunday,

Lily signature copy_thumb[1]

6 comments:

Kellie said...

Naww it think this card is so sweet, the colour work perfectly for it! Love it.
Kelx

Debbie Pamment said...

Your card is gorgeous Kristie - don't be so hard on yourself!!! And talk about cute - Jethro is certainly melting hearts!
xXx

Leslie Hanna said...

Cute & cute! I need to do more coloring with my SU stuff instead of Copics. :-)

And that puppy is adorable! Have you figured out yet what breed he is? Keep the puppy pic coming! You have blog fodder for years to come, missy!

Stef H said...

What a great card and Jethro is just adorable.

Hugs,

June Houck said...

I like your sweet card, sweet Jethro, and sweet Jethros' Mama :)

June Houck said...

I nominated you for another blog award...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online