Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mojo Monday #85

It’s another Mojo Monday contest week and I found some time this morning to make a card for the sketch….Mama made one the other day and I couldn’t let her make one and not do one myself!!!!

So, here’s the sketch we were working with:

Mojo85Sketch

And here’s the card I made this morning:

Mojo-Monday-85

I’m a bit obsessed with Pink Pirouette and Riding Hood Red together at the moment…it’s such a pretty combination! I used *Echoes of Kindness* and the sentiment is that long retired set of Mama’s that I’ve been using a lot lately…I remembered to get the name today: *Warmest Regards*!!! The font is so lovely, it’s a shame it was ever retired. But I have no problems with using the old stuff ;)

I’ve stamped the flower images on watercolour paper and coloured them with the ink from the lids of the ink pads and an aquapainter. I used Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze. The DSP is Pink Pirouette, as is the ribbon. The pink pearls are Kaiser and came from my lovely blog candy that I won from Kirsty :) The cream flower is from her as well. The base card and the layers under the w/c paper is Pink Pirouette and the layer is Very Vanilla. I think that’s about it….oh yeah, I used the Eyelet border punch on the Riding Hood Red piece :)

And here’s the one Mama made….she didn’t follow the sketch exactly, more like used it for inspiration :) But it was her first time doing a sketch challenge and I think she did a good job.

Mojo-Monday-85-Mama

She actually built her whole card around that gorgeous Teal coloured button on the bottom left and went with Taken with Teal and Basic Gray as her colour scheme. She also used *Echoes of Kindness* (which I didn’t realise until I went to find it to take a picture….I’m such a copy-cat!). I think she used Watercolour Pencils and a blender pen to colour her flower, the ribbon is Basic Gray as is the DSP, which comes from the Hostess Paper Pack.

I hope you all have a great weekend and come back tomorrow for the Magnolia Down Under Challenge card.

Lily signature copy

6 comments:

June Houck said...

I just bought this very stamp set from my primary SU! person, Sue Hyer. You and your mama have inspired me! Both of the cards are perfectly lovely. Now to blow the dust off my watercolor pad...

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

Hi Kristie,
Looks like you are having such a great time stamping with your mum (or is it starting to be a competition). I love both these cards, I had a Stampin' Up catalogue party recently and will be receiving this stamp set in the coming week, I can't wait to get lots of new goodies.

Anonymous said...

OOhhh I love the cards! Absolutely gorgeous and love the bling...hehe!Thanks for all your lovely comments of late. They are very inspiring!
Love Kirsty

Leslie Hanna said...

Two, two, two comments in one! (Kidding) I left my comment for this post on the next one by accident, so you got two comments out of the deal. ;-)

Nikki Bond said...

These are breathtaking Kristie! Love the colors you chose and you really ROCKED this sketch!!! Gorgeous {SMILES}

Anne Laflamme said...

Wow... I love pink so I love your pink card... beautiful

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online