Sunday, May 31, 2009

Moving to the country…

Yep, that is this weeks challenge at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. However, if you go over there to check out the DT’s cards you won’t see mine. Why???, you ask…well, because I hadn’t even taken a photo of it, much less sent that to Kellie to post on the blog. I have been a little unwell the past few days, but that’s no excuse for just plain forgetfulness!!!! I really need to get myself a little better organised and out of this holiday mindset! Anyway, I have now taken a picture and sent it to Kellie and I can show it to you here at least.

Just a brief forward on this card…I first saw this theme on the list of challenges many weeks ago, even before I moved and it had me thinking about how I was moving to the country myself. I only made this card earlier in the week and I don’t really have any *country* type Tildas (though I have a suitcase stamp coming that would have been perfect for this one), so I improvised. The sentiment is my hope for myself with this move to the country :)

S6302048

I’ve used Sitting Tilda (coloured with Copics), *As Lovely As A Tree* from SU! and the sentiment comes from the hostess set *Best Yet*. My fence is a bit dodgy…I hope you can tell that’s what it’s meant to be! The big flower is from the Pretties kit and coloured with a Not Quite Navy marker and the little felt flower is from Flower Fusion Too in Pink Pirouette. The CS is Not Quite Navy, Kraft and Chocolate Chip. The string is some I had out for something else and it occurred to me that it would look cute :)

OK, that about wraps it up. As usual if you have an questions let me know. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend,

Lily signature copy_thumb[1]

8 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

This is gorgeous Kristie - the perfect Tilda for this theme - LOL. Your fence is not at all dodgy - it's perfect for a little old country fence! I just LOVE your card!
Sorry to hear you've been unwell - hope you are on the mend now!
xXx

Unknown said...

Looks great Kristie! Looks like a wintery country scene with the trees. I like the colours you have chosen.
Alicia xx

Bec said...

WOW Kristie.. This card looks amazing.. I love those trees in the background.. Plus I love the colour combo.. Bec xx

June Houck said...

Silly girl, of course I can tell it's a fence! Very creative. I LOVE those two punches together over the prima...BRILLIANT...I gotta remember that technique. Your Tilda is pretty.

I hope you feel better soon!

Leslie Hanna said...

I knew right away it was a fence! And I am also going to steal your layered punches + flower idea. Watch for it soon on a blog near you! :-)

Your comment about needing to get out of 'holiday mode' made me think about that line Cher says in Moonstruck, "Snap out of it!" :-)

Hope you feel better!

Sam said...

Very cute card Kristie. I hope that you are feeling much better now.

Thinking of you,
Sam.

Oma said...

Love this card! I'm sure you will be very happy in the country.

lauren bergold said...

oh this is SO CLEVER--i love the way you have improvised "moving to the country" without having any particular products to convey theme! of course, as you say, having just actually moved to the country you had a bit of a headstart!!! :)

(ps: hope you are feeling better!!! ♥♥♥)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online