Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Two for One

Seeing as I'm so short on play-time at the moment, I'm trying to incorporate as many challenges as possible into one card! This one is for both Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #41 and the current Caardvarks challenge....CHOCOLATE! Seriously, what could be better than cupcakes and chocolate...or in this case, chocolate cupcakes.I did deviate from the sketch a tiny little bit, in that I didn't make a square card, and it also looks that the DSP on the background is the same....but it's actually not. It's two different ones; same pattern, different colours....though I have managed to cut it and place the image panel in such a way that you can't actually tell that the piece on the right has blue & cocoa flowers while the left has pink & green! Very clever of me, huh?

Supplies:
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink (SU!), Neenah Solar White.
Stamps: Impression Obsession.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers, Chocolate Chip.
Other stuff: Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, So Saffron brads, Designer Label Punch, Corner Rounder.

OK, now I'm going to indulge in a rant about city living...if you just come here for the cards feel free to go look at some other blog!

Today I went to Uni to do some research and managed to accidentally loose track of the time and ended up coming home in peak hour traffic. This totally sucks!!!! It's one of the main reasons I hate living in the city. I was squished onto the bus with fifty gazillion other people and crawled home in the bumper to bumper traffic, driven by one of the most insane bus drivers I've encountered so far....taking five times longer than it normally takes without this horrendous chaos. Seriously.....how do these people stand driving in that mess day after day? I could never do it....even if they'd let me drive, which they won't, I'd still take the bus or the train. At least then I can sit (hopefully) and listen to my ipod and stare out the window.

OK, now I feel much better. I'm going to go eat some pizza and watch True Blood and hopefully that will take away all the stress of the trip home. I know I said I'd show Lara's card today, but I wanted to post this challenge card first....so maybe tomorrow????

Kristie

8 comments:

Taylor said...

So cute! Love the colors you used and that yummy cupcake image! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Cass said...

Love those cupcakes!

And as for Sydney traffic - no thanks. Wollongong is so much nicer to live in. Hardly any traffic here ever! :)

lauren bergold said...

oh ♥YUUUMMMMMMMMMM♥!!! i'm soooooo loving this! but then...everything about it is so utterly FAB...what's not to love?!!

ps: i SO agree re city traffic...i never understand what the ADVANTAGE is perceived to be in having one's own card if it means that you'll take 97 times LONGER to get home??! ah well. luckily i can usually plan my city-jaunting around both the train scheule & off-peak times!

pss: have you posted said magnificent creation to the VARKS flickr gallery yet? i didn't see it in the group pool this am, but we may have overlapped!)

June Houck said...

This card is YUMMY! I may have to CASE it, girl! Good luck in the 'Varks challenge :)

Holly Young said...

Great way to combine challenges! I love the scallops at the bottom of your pink panel.
I agree that traffic sucks! If I'm someplace and am ready to leave during rush hour, I usually choose to stay a little longer and let the crazies get out of the way before I go home. Hope your day is better today!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Kristie, lucky I'm not allowed to eat cakes, they just made me drool! You've used my fav paper too. Love reading your posts you always make me laugh. Hope today is more restful.
Ps: move to Adelaide we don't have long peak hour traffic here, and we have uni's in very relaxing grounds, though it still hasn't rained :(

Nikki Bond said...

This looks yummy enough to eat! Send me a slice???!!! LOL Beautiful coloring Kristie...love it! {sMILES}

Shirley said...

One of my favorite I/O stamps. I use tons of them. I really like what you did with the cupcakes so the BG paper just makes them pop and the pink is a great accent color too! Very very pretty!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online