Friday, April 25, 2008

April Cyber Challenge

On Tuesday night my upline's upline (I'm not really sure if that's the right way to put it!), the talented Alisa Tilsner, hosted a Cyberstamp night for all of us on her forum. There were three challenges: 1) Bling, 2) Colour challenge, and 3) a sketch challenge. I completed the first two on the night and the third on Wednesday night, but due to the rain didn't get a chance to take a pic. Anyway, the rain let up for about two and a half mins of sun, so I quickly took some photos and thought I'd post them here for you to check out.


This card was for the first challenge - BLING - and clearly I took the concept of bling very seriously. The card stock is Elegant Eggplant, Pink Passion and Pixie Pink, and the images and sentiment are from the "Time Well Spent" hostess set. There's silver embossing, Dazzling Diamonds glitter and rhinestone brads from the Pretties Kit. Very bling!


This card was for the colour challenge - Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White. The paper piecing was done using the SU mat pack and the choc chip faux ribbon with a white gel pen. The images are from "Symbols of Solicitude" and these stamps call for some simplicity in design, IMO. Very different from the bling card, hey?


This one was for the sketch challenge. I used River Rock, Groovy Guava, and Ballet Blue. The BG is the So Swirly wheel in Ballet blue ink and the sentiment is from "Wonderful Favourites". The hardware is Antique Brass Hodgepodge. I was a bit challenged indeed by this one and not entirely sure I like it.... but the spiral clips do go well with the Swirly wheel.

I'm just a beginner, but I'm learning all the time and I love to take inspiration from my blog hopping expeditions. My newest find is the talented Mish at 'Mish Mash' - see the favs list to the right - so go check out her blog, it's awesome.

Thanks for looking,

Kristie

1 comment:

Nikki Bond said...

They are so pretty Kristie! What a fun way to spend a night! I love all of them but the middle one is my fav! Those colros are wonderful together! {SMILES}

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online