Wednesday, May 28, 2008

For my Mama

I really have the bestest upline and group of SU ladies, not only do they offer help and support, but they also organise great sharing things, like the ribbon share. Recently there was an image swap, where a whole bunch of people stamped out images and we all got a heap of stamped stuff that I wouldn't have had otherwise. Tonight I got motivated and made this card for my mum using a couple of the things I received in the swap.

I started with this great 'Stipple Rose' that I coloured with my Markers in Bush Blossom, Apricot Appeal, Mellow Moss and Old Olive, blending the colours with the Blender Pen. I mounted that onto some Mellow Moss CS and then onto an Apricot Appeal card base. I stuck on some Mellow Moss gg ribbon and the 'Delight' from 'Life Definitions', cause Mama is definitely a delight! I distressed the edge of the sentiment and ran the Moss Marker around the edge to make it stand out a bit.

I'll pop it into the post tomorrow, just to let her know how much I'm looking forward to going to visit her up there in sunny Queensland...only a week and a half to go and I'll be on my way to almost two weeks of delightful time with my family. It's so hard living so far away from them and I miss them all soooooo much.
Hope you're all having a fabulous day,
Kristie

4 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

Beautiful card...I love the colors you chose for the coloring...which by the way is impeccable!I'm sure you Mom is going to love this! {SMILES}

Carolyn King said...

beautiful. What a great idea to swap those images--what a fun way to play with a lot of new stuff without buying it!

lauren bergold said...

KRISTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy moly, i *love* this! gorgeous! (totally FAB coloring job, btw!) lucky mama!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey!! great to see images from the swap being used, especially mine!! LOL. I was just checking out your images yesterday and mulling over them. I've got an idea lurking in the backgrounds of my mind. Love the colouring!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online