Monday, May 5, 2008

Inside the Box

I've been feeling a little blah today and haven't made anything new, so I thought I'd post a couple of pics of some of the cards I made to put inside Gran's Mother's day box.

These three cards were made using the Simply Scrappin' Crew Kids Girl and the flower from the Be Happy set with Certainly Celery and Rose Red inks. I've made heaps of stuff using that kit and have barely put a dent in it - they are excellent value for the money and I'll be getting a couple of the other designs very soon.

This card is made with Whisper White and Real red card stock. The poppy is from the 'Oh So Lovely' hostess set and inked up with Real Red and Glorious Green markers and the 'best wishes' sentiment is from 'Short and Sweet' done in white. It's very plain and simple but IRL it looks really amazing (IMO). I thought about adding some ribbon or something to it, but in the end decided that its simplicity was what was most effective.

This one was made with my new favourite 'Baroque Motifs'. The base card is River Rock and the Panels are Rose Red and Sahara Sand. The swirls are stamped in River Rock and the flowers in Rose Red. The 'Cherish' sentiment is stamped in Rose Red and punched out with the large oval punch and the edges inked in Rose Red to help it stand out. I REALLY love this stamp set - it is so versatile and pretty.

Hope you've all had a fantastic day - the weather here in Sydney couldn't have been more perfect considering all the rain we had last month, glorious blue sky and a perfect temp of about 22 deg. (Celsius).

Thanks for looking,

Kristie

1 comment:

Nikki Bond said...

These are all so beautiful Kristie! Your Grandmother is going to love her gift! I really love your simply flower one too...simply always ends up looking so good! {SMILES}

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online