Sunday, May 4, 2008

Mother's Day

As you are all aware, Mother's Day is next Sunday and I've been busy making things for my lovely Mum and Grandma. They are both really special to me and I wanted to make them something that would show how much they mean to me. My Mum informed me last week that she didn't want a "mushy" card!!!! So I decided that I would just keep it fairly plain and simple (that's kinda my style anyway!).


So for this card I've just used Very Vanilla and Wild Wasabi card stock, Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranate ink, and the stamps are the swirls from 'Baroque Motifs', the 'love you' and tiny hearts from 'Short and Sweet' and the 'Short Order' alphabet. There's a bit of piercing in the bottom corners for interest.


For Gran's card I used Orchid Opulence and Pretty in Pink card stock and ink. the swirls and little flowers from 'Baroque Motifs', the 'wonderful' from 'Wonderful Favourites' and the 'Short Order' alpha. The butterfly is from 'Garden Whimsy' - I LOVE this set and will be using it a lot in the future. Oh, there's a bit of Dazzling Diamonds on the Butterfly wings as well and it's popped up on a dimensional.




For their gifts I got a couple of mdf boxes from my local craft store 'Riot' and for Gran's box I covered it with Brilliant Blue DSP with a panel of BB card stock at the top of the lid. I painted the edges and the inside of the box with paint I mixed to be almost the exact colour of BB - the secret to getting a good match was to add a little violet to the mixture of blue and white paint! Gran's box will be filled with cards and envelopes - she is completely amazing and never forgets any one's birthday or anniversary and I know she will love not having to go to the shops to buy cards for a while :)




Mum's box was painted a pale green that's pretty close to Certainly Celery and the top and inside of the box were covered using Celery DSP in the new 6x6 Palette O Prints that's on sale for the month of May. Mum's box is full of 6.5m of all of the new double stiched in colour ribbons, and there's some Wild Wasabi ribbon arround the top of the box. After taking the pics I realised that it needs a little touching up - it's amazing what a bit of bright sunlight shows up!!


Thanks for looking and I hope you all have a fabulous Mother's Day next Sunday.

Kristie

2 comments:

MadonnaDunn said...

Very very nice!! Well done!! I'm sure your mum will LOVE all that ribbon. *wink wink* LOL

Nikki Bond said...

These look amazing Kristie! I'm sure they will really love them! Who woudlnt love a handmade card and gift?! {SMILES}

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online