Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The direction of your dreams

S6300884

I made this card in about ten minutes the other night, using the new stamp set I got at Regionals....well the sentiment from it anyway. I wanted to make that the focus of the card, so I left the rest of it kind of simple. It's just a Vanilla card base, layered with some Soft Sky and a piece of DSP from the Notebook pack that I punched with the spiral punch along the edge. The sentiment is stamped in Blue Bayou on Kraft cardstock and sponged around the edges with Sky ink...oh and the Sky CS is also sponged with the same ink on the very edge of it. The ribbon is some Sky double stitched.

The tiny primas were a little gift when I ordered a few bits and pieces from Anna's Craft Cupboard ages ago. The 3 of them were stapled in a little bag to the receipt. I was looking for something to add to the card...you all know my fetish for embellishments...and I thought of them. I stuck them on with some mini glue dots but I thought they looked a bit naked....they were too small to put brad through the centres of and then I had a great idea! Well, not so much that it was MY idea, but I remembered something I saw on another blog (sorry, but I can't remember whose it was)...home made dew drops. They're made with Crystal effects. I don't have any re-inkers like the lady who invented them used so I just put little dabs of CE and then sprinkled them with glitter....here's a close up:

S6300885

And another one:

S6300886

They look really pretty IRL. Tonight I'm going to be working on a birthday gift for my housemate....it's her birthday on Friday and she's going to be 22....so young!!!! I am not sure what I'll make exactly, but I'm thinking of an altered photo frame with a picture of her and her boyfriend in it. I have some pics I took of them one night when they were all dressed up to go out, so I thought that might be nice. And maybe a little box of cards that she can send to her family in Kenya....I don't want to go spending a lot of money on a gift and lets face it, when you live with a *crafty* type person you should expect home made gifts...right? I'm also going to make her my *famous* Chocolate Fudge Cake...I'll try and remember to take a photo before it gets devoured...LOL!

Have a great day, wherever you are.

Kristie

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

love this!!! i have to remember the crystal glitter idea, it's fab!

(i almost always think flowers "need" centers...on my cards...but when i see OTHER people's cards and their flowers don't have centers, i like them just fine! what's up with that? do you think i have CFCD? that's "compulsive flower center disorder" and luckily, it's a made-up disease, so i'm pretty sure my symptoms are only psychosomatic!!!) (PHEW!) :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online