Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hi!

Hello there...I'm back with my brand new, super fast computer...WOW! It is completely amazing. Everything just happens instantly, no more waiting for stuff to load up, no more freezing up and not playing nice....it's brilliant.

But you're not here to listen to me waffle on about the computer....you want to see cards right? Well, one card anyway....I don't want to spoil you too much :) Plus there's a few things that I've made over the weekend when I was computerless (amazing what you can get done without that distraction!) that I can't show just yet....don't want to spoil the surprise for the swaps girls who read the blog!

So, before I lost computer access Sunday morning, I downloaded a couple of sketch challenges. I missed the deadlines for most of them, but I do want to show you one that I really love. I probably shouldn't be so egotistical and tell you I love my own stuff...but it's not my work so much as the DP. See what I mean:
This card was done for a sketch Carla put up for WCMD at http://moralia.wordpress.com/. Now, I needed to flip this sketch because I wanted to show off this gorgeous Basic Grey DP...how amazing is that bird? There's some Celery and Choc Chip ribbon, Prima flowers in Pink and Chocolate with a Celery brad, some PINK thickers (American Crafts) and the cardstock is Regal Rose and Choc Chip. Now, there is a certain lady that I know out there in blogland that has a bit of a birdy fetish, and I've been thinking that she might really like this one....so, if she correctly guesses who I'm talking about I just might send it to her instead of keeping it and admiring it myself :)

Right, gotta go get ready for my weekly acupuncture torture.....I will be back tomorrow with an ongoing instalment of the multitudes of Christmas cards I've been making.

Have a great day,
Kristie

7 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

Wow this is gorgeous Kristie! I love the bird and the prima is just the right touch! Gorgeous! {SMILES}

Anonymous said...

Kristie, this is *STUNNING*!!! You definitely did that pp justice! Gorgeous girl!!! And those blossoms!?! YUM!

I just got a new laptop recently and it is pure heaven not being on a cruddy computer.. hahaha!! My kids have inherited the desktop.. rotfl!! Enjoy your new fast computer! :)

Anonymous said...

Kristie, this is *STUNNING*!!! You definitely did that pp justice! Gorgeous girl!!! And those blossoms!?! YUM!

I just got a new laptop recently and it is pure heaven not being on a cruddy computer.. hahaha!! My kids have inherited the desktop.. rotfl!! Enjoy your new fast computer! :)

Catherine said...

way to use this gorgeous dp on this sketch...just gorgeous. and congrats on your new computer..i'm jealous..LOL!

SmilynStef said...

Love how you featured the gorgeous bird in that paper ... very pretty card.

June Houck said...

NIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccceeee.

I love how you focussed on the lovely dp, but added cool embellies (thickers & primas).

You are in the zone, girl!

lauren bergold said...

ooh OOOOOOH ooOOOoOoooOOOOOOoooOOOOoh!!!!!!!!!!!

this *might* be my favorite card ever that you have made! (ok, except my birthday card!!!) but still WOW!!!!!!!!! I ♥LOOOOOOOVE♥ THIS!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online