Monday, October 20, 2008

June's birthday card

Now that I know that my lovely friend June has received her birthday card I can show it to you here.I used my gorgeous Hanna "Perfect Package" stamp for this one, stamped in Memento ink on Neenah Solar White and coloured with Copics...this time I even managed to remember to take a photo to show which ones I used:
The *42!* is because that's how old June claims to be, but if you've seen her photo on her blog then you'll know why the exclamation mark...she doesn't look even close :)

The paper is Cosmo Cricket "Honey Pie", some SU! Pretty in Pink and Very Vanilla and the flowers are, of course, by Prima. The flower centres are Pretty in Pink brads and the sentiment was also stamped in Pretty in Pink. The 42 is done with "Daiquiri" Thickers, very appropriate for a birthday card I thought :)

I've been very slack in the card making department the past couple of days....my creativity seems to be sucked up by this darn article I'm trying to write. I wish that writing was a painless as card making, but unfortunately I find it to be a torturous experience, full of frustration and the saying of many bad words. However, I hope that I can salvage some spark of my mojo to make something new tonight....but I won't count on it.

Hope your day is much more creative and fruitful than mine :)
Kristie

6 comments:

wendy said...

What an ADORABLE card! Love it! She's a lucky gal!

Nikki Bond said...

This is sooo cute Kristie! You have got some coloring skills girl! BEAUTIFUL! {SMILES}

June Houck said...

I love my Kristie card. I just posted it today :)

I have not made a card in almost 2 weeks! I think I've forgotten how :) I was just whining to you recently about how I was jealous of your new stuff. Well now I have lots of new stuff and no time to make anything and little mojo. The mojo should be coming any day now...hopefully for both of us!

I'm sending you an article writing muse. She's in the braces: { }. Did you catch her?

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous Kristie!

Gabby said...

Great card and beautiful coloring! TY for stopping by my blog...it's greatly appreciated! I'm bookmarking yours to add to my blog roll. :D

lauren bergold said...

i just saw this today on miss june's blog and IT IS AWESOME!!! (however in retrospect i am kinda bummed that i didn't think to make a douglassy "life the universe & everything" type card to capitalize on the 42-ness of said birthday!) (AHA! but now i know what i will do for you in 3 july's!) :) :) :)

(ps re less-embellishy cards: I KNOW!!! how weird is that?! there were like THREE INNA ROW that were almost entirely *flat*...and i did NOT completely despise them! honestly, it was not a conscious decision...just a need of some more conservative "GUY" cards...plus my back is still dodgy and i suspect that in places where--if i were entirely well--i would go search for just the right extra touch, instead i went, "yeah...looks good...i think it's DONE!")

(sorry, i s'pose that shoulda been an email & thus i apologize to the other commenters for hogging up all the space!) :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online