Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Sketch Challenges

Before I get into the pretty pictures, I just want to say a big thanks to Paula for picking me as the WINNER of the Midnight Madness challenge for the 2nd week in a row....you can see my new trophy over there on the right :)


OK, the first card I have for you today is for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #62.
I've used Really Rust, river Rock and Choc Chip CS and inks, some of the delicious Apple Cider DSP from the Spring Mini and "Spring Solitude" stamp set. The sentiment is from "Wonderful Words", the ribbon is Choc Chip taffeta and the buttons a Really Rust, tied with some linen thread. I used the thumping technique on the trees to give a sort of mottled autumn effect...must be the influence of all the "fall" cards I've been seeing from the US :)

This next card is a bit more "Spring" like with the colours I've used and it's for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge #38.
The CS is Pretty in Pink, Sage Shadow and So Saffron, the DSP is from "Spring Fling", the ribbon is Pretty in Pink grosgrain, and the buttons are from the Soft Subtles. I coloured the cupcake plate stamp from Impression Obsession with my Copic markers and the sentiment was stamped in Sage and punched with the scalloped circle.

I had lots of fun with both these sketches and think I'll be saving them in my idea folder for future use.

Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend,
Kristie

10 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Both cards are goegeous Kristie! You I didnt even know we had that apple cidar DS paper, when I read it I had to go grab a mini to check lol, Im a bad demo for not knowing that heheheheh

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Both cards are goegeous Kristie! You I didnt even know we had that apple cidar DS paper, when I read it I had to go grab a mini to check lol, Im a bad demo for not knowing that heheheheh

Anonymous said...

Love the new colours on the blog Sis!! You were obviously meant to get that birdy stamp eh?? Well done you!! I can't believe the cut off came and went!! Remind me for the next one & i'll play too!

Ida said...

Great job on both card. I love the sweet treats on the cupcake challenge card, they look deliciosu.

June Houck said...

Very nice, BOTH!

I especially like the cupcake one :)

Taylor said...

So cute! Everyday is definitely a cupcake kind of day for me! Lol. Thanks for playing the challenge!

Anonymous said...

very nice! I awlays seem to forget about the dsp...don't know why! just blonde I guess. Thanks for reminding me! ;)

Lydia Fiedler said...

Ooh - me likey ur new blog!!

Tell June that 42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything, so she should have a great year!!

lauren bergold said...

congratulations, you well-deserved winnery type, you!!! (HEY! whatcha gonna do NEXT WEEK, eh?! gotta go for the HAT TRICK, right?!?!) xoxoxoxlb

Beate said...

Both cards look wonderful!
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online