Wednesday, November 19, 2008

For my Gran

My poor Gran is in the hospital at the moment so I made her this card last night. I used 'Bloomin' with Beauty' from the Spring mini that's about to finish at the end of the month. I watercoloured the flowers with inks from the lids, using Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Mellow Moss & Bashful Blue, then cut it out and popped it up with Dimensionals. The base is Very Vanilla and the other CS is Bashful Blue and Pale Plum. The spiral clips are Antique Brass and tied with some Bashful Blue grosgrain....a la Jessie Rone. There's also some gorgeous Purple rhinestone brads in the corners of the Plum CS...my last 4 to be exact...see how much I love my Gran :)

ETA: Almost forgot to add that this card was based on Beate's WSC66. I had to flip the sketch to get the image in and then I didn't have room at the bottom to add a sentiment...so it had to go without!

OK, that's it for now....things are crazy around here....not helped by the fact that I decided to tidy my desk before the books and papers on it fell on top of me and killed me. So I needed somewhere to put them, which led to me moving stuff around, packing up novels to store in the garage, foolishly carrying boxes of books around, and inevitably a sore back. BTW, my desk is still not properly tidy!!!!! Anyway, I'd better go attempt some real work.

Have a great Wednesday,
Kristie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty! I am sooo glad I am not the only one living with a mess. Boy, did I pick the wrong hobby...I used to be so neat...

lauren bergold said...

oh i am so sorry your gran is poorly...but OBVIOUSLY that will change...as soon as this lovely item reaches her!!! (NEW! patented kristiecards deliver not JUST RAIN but also WELLNESS, hurrah!!!)

btw with regard to the tidying that led to cleaning that led to moving stuff that led to...etc...did you read june's post last week about the WASHING MACHINE??!?!?! :) :) :) (if not, GO FORTH NOW...read & be comforted!!!)

(oof i've just flashed on the vending machines from HHGTTG: "share and enjoy") ♥

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online