Monday, February 2, 2009

Just Because

This one's another Elite Challenges card, to use Eastern Blooms (which is pretty easy to do!):I love the colours in this one, but then Eastern Blooms just looks great in any colour!

Supplies:
CS: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive
Stamps: Eastern Blooms
Other: Felt Fusion flowers, Choc Chip 1" double stitched ribbon, Old Olive button, Bali Breeze DSP


I'm sure I've said it a few times already, but I will say it again....one of the best things about blogging is making new friends!!!! Today I did just that...I have a brand new Pretend Stamping Friend...YAY! But, she is no ORDINARY stamper!!! Her name is Nicole and she is following her dream to start her own stamp company...I know, pretty exciting huh????? If you click on her name you can go to her blog and see previews of two of her new stamps coming out later this month. And NO, she's not paying me to say this....LOL!!! These little girl stamps are too cute for words and I, for one, can't wait to get me some. I first saw one of her stamps on the fabulous Holly's blog (man that girl can colour!!!!!) and I just loved it. If you like Magnolia or Sarah Kay then you are going to adore these little girls. I NEVER promote anything other than SU! on here, but I just had to tell you about this, mostly because Nicole is SUCH a sweetie and is just so excited about her dream about to come true....and who wouldn't be????

I got a great big box of SU! goodness today....all of the new SAB sets....YUM!!!! So this afternoon when I'm finished work (on a coffee break now) I'm going to mount them up and make something new....as long as I can find some MOJO....LOL!!!! I'm thinking that I might start with some sketch and colour challenges to kick me off in the right direction. My crazy sister has challenged me to make a card using Elegant Eggplant, Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Sage Shadow and PUMPKIN PIE!!!!! Sounds nuts, but the card she made was really cute (Eastern Blooms meets stranger's dress), so I'm going to give it a try :) Wish me luck!!!

Have a great day,
Kristie

8 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This card is gorgeous Kristie, I will def check out your friends blog im sure i will love the stamps.

Leslie Hanna said...

This is one gorgeous card! I do not own Eastern Blooms (!), but I would so CASE this if I did! :-)

June Houck said...

Your friends, Nicole & Holly both, are very talented!

I know how you love Pumpkin Pie (can you hear me snickering from across the big pond?) I am anxious to see what you come up with. Your cards have been so sweet and pretty lately...and today's card is really great too!

Catherine said...

don't know Nicole but but i sure do know Holly and she sure is one talented lady :) off to visit Nicole.

Love your card and love the colors :)

Holly Young said...

This is one of those stamp sets I'm waiting to see if I "really" want it before I rush out out to buy it. LOL! Your card is making it harder for me to resist.
Thanks for telling people about Nicole's blog. I'm excited as all get out for these to be released because I think they are just so adorable!
Thanks also for mentioning my blog; you're a sweetie!

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

Hi Kristie, You are such a doll. Holly just emailed me the link to your blog. Awww... I can not express to you the happiness that I feel in my heart for you helping spread the word of my new stamp line. Friends like you are what keeps me driving on, into creating more of my little girl stamps & ahhh....wait until you see the next peek-a-boo previews (Tee-hee) Oh, and I definitely agree about how talented Holly is! She does one heck of a job coloring & putting together just an absolutely adorable card!!! BIG HUGE HUGS & Many Thanks. You are such an angel. Nicole :)

Sam said...

Lovely card Kristie!

Thanks for the link to Nicole's stamps too. They are super cute :-).

Cheers,
Sam.

lauren bergold said...

HA! i've been wondering what "PSF" was! :) pretend stamping friend...DUH!!!

holy moly ♥miss abby♥ is cuuuuuuuuuuute!

and what an awesome card! that really is a GREAT stamp, innit?! (when used in the hands of a master such as yourself, obviously!)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online