Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Raspberry Suite Colour Challenge 3

I have really like Dawn McVey's Colour Challenges...they're cute and a bit different. So this week I decided to play along :)

Raspberry Suite CC3

I actually made two cards for this one...but decided that the first one was a bit too...busy...so I made another one that I much happier with. I'll save the first one to show you on a day when I haven't made anything....LOL. I wasn't sure about what colour to use for the *berry* in the challenge, but based on the colours in the graphic, I decided to go with Groovy Guava...and it's a chance to use up some of that now retired colour to make some room in my stash for the new colours. Anyway, enough of the blather....here's the card:

Raspberry-Suite-CC3

I've used the *Embrace Life* set for this one (pity the ribbon is hiding the sentiment!), and stamped the Cherry Blossom image onto Vanilla in Ruby Red and coloured the flowers with Pretty in Pink ink and a blender pen. I mounted that onto Pretty in Pink and then Ruby Red before sticking it onto the Kraft base. I used the scallop punch to scallop the edges of a piece of Guava CS and stamped the sentiment in the same colour ink. I then tied some Guava double stitched ribbon around that and mounted it onto the base with dimensionals.

I like this combination of colours, but I seem to find it hard to work with 5 colours...anyone else have that problem. I will probably use the Red, Pink, Vanilla and Kraft combo again...maybe with the new in-colour pink and red (oooohhhhh, that sounds very nice!). I do like how this version of the card turned out...clean and simple, but pretty at the same time :) (Oh yes, I do love myself today).

I hope your Wednesday is full of sunshine and flowers,

Untitled-1

7 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

Very pretty! Love the tied ribbon!!

Jessica Rosario said...

Simple and cute. Well done :)

Joshua Jiraffe Designs said...

very very nicely done...so delicate and pretty!

Unknown said...

I like the pink and red together. Very nice!

Leslie Hanna said...

I never would have thought to put these colors together, but that's the whole point of the challenge, right? ;-) I love the whole Clean & Simple thing. Really pretty card!

June Houck said...

I am wishing I had that Embrace Life set. So pretty...good job with 5 color combo! That is a challenge, but YOU make it look easy :)

lauren bergold said...

girrrrrrrrrrrl...if you make a card that looks ♥LIKE THIS♥ and ya don't love yerself...then i think you'd better so get some acupuncture for yer BRAIN!!! :)

(oof! that sounded sooooo much more complimentary *INSIDE* my head! of course, i meant that a cardmaker of such skill must SURELY be justifiably proud of their achievement; i think i will go and have some acupuncture on *my* brain now...assumin' they make needles that small...)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online