Monday, June 29, 2009

Glimmermist and Wisteria

I haven’t had the chance to do much creating these past few days…it’s difficult for me to sit for too long at the moment :( It’s starting to drive me a bit crazy because I have a few good ideas I want to try out…at least I have them written down (with diagrams!) so that I won’t forget what I want to do. I did get a few moments the other day and had a little play with some Glimmermist and Maya Road chipboard (Butterflies and Bugs), as well as some Basic Grey bling. I was just messing around, trying to get a *feel* for the products but I made the cutest butterfly that I knew I had to do something with….enter Basic Grey Wisteria 6x6 DP and this is what I came up with:

S6302132

(Who is surprised that I bought pink and purple Glimmermist?????)

The card base, ink for the sentiment and ribbon are Elegant Eggplant, the punched circle (1 1/4”) is Baja Breeze and the punched scallop circle is Sage Shadow. There are three different pieces of the Wisteria paper on the card…can you see them? These papers all blend together so well it’s hard to differentiate between them :) There is, of course, the background paper, then the scallop-y edge at the bottom comes from another piece and finally the punched circle (1 3/8”) behind the sentiment and the purple flower behind the butterfly are from the third piece. I just cut that purple flower out by hand and as it was right on the edge of the paper there is a little straight edge on the left…so I just put it right up against the edge of the BG paper and it looks so pretty IRL.  I did do some faux stitching around it with a white gel pen…but it’s kind of hard to see it :(

I just want to let you all know that I’m going to be taking the rest of the week off. Things are a little tough right now and I just need to get a lot of rest, so there is no guarantee that I would have much to post anyway :) I hope you all understand and still come to see me when I get back :) I will be here this weekend with something for you Saturday and the MDUC card on Sunday. I hope you all have a lovely week,

Lily signature copy_thumb[1]

6 comments:

Tracey Feeger said...

Fabulous card Kristie. Love the Glimmermist and I only have the cream one. Need to get more me thinks. LOL.

Sorry to hear that your back is giving you trouble again. Hope the rest makes you feel better. *mwahs & hugs*
Trace

Stef H said...

what a totally gorgeous card Kristie! i hope you are feeling way better soon and you will be missed. however, know you are in my prayers and i look forward to your next spectacular post!

hugs,

Kellie said...

It's a gorgeous card Kristie, I love the colours they are so effective together, it's just gorgeous, did I say that already? WELL it is!

I hope that your feeling well soon and back with us in blog land as much as you used to be, miss seeing your creations. Put your feet up and take it easy.
Kelx

kay said...

nice card, I would never have thought baja breeze and sage shadow were so compatable, thanks for once again showing us something different.
Take it easy, and i hope that back of your's improves soon. AT least you will get caught up on watching all those movies! and your gorgegous puppy to keep you company.

Leslie Hanna said...

Pretty 'Kristie' card! :-)

A former co-worker of mine had a 'standing' desk in his cube. While the rest of us sat in our regulation cubes, he stood all day long. Would standing be better than sitting? Maybe a standing drafting table? Just a thought ...

June Houck said...

I am so sorry your back is being...well, just plain RUDE! How inconsiderate of it not to cooperate when you have creative juices flowing.

I LOVE your card. Now I have an idea of what to do with that paper in my 6x6 pad :) Thanks for the inspiration, Kristie. I love eggplant, even though I rarely use it. And you know what? I just used it this week too! Great minds :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online