Thursday, April 17, 2008

First Project


This card was my first project with my new Stampin' Up! goodies. I had so much new stuff I was a little over whelmed and couldn't decide what to make! LOL


So I turned to Kristina Werner's Colour Challenge No 5 (see here: http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/ ) for the colours and the Elite Challenges, http://elitechallenges.wordpress.com/category/sc-1/ for the layout. So, this is what I came up with.


I used So Saffron for the base card, Certainly Celery for the greeting panel, Bashful Blue for the large rectangle and Close to Cocoa for the matting and the side strip. The stamps are the Thank you from 'Cheery Chat' (stamped in Certainly Celery), the butterfly from the 'Time Well Spent' hostess set (stamped in Bashful Blue and coloured with Bashful Blue & So Saffron markers), and the flowers on the Bashful Blue are from 'Sprinkles' (stamped in Versmark, although it doesn't show up very well on the scan & is much nicer IRL!).


This isn't a colour combo I would have thought of myself - I'm more a pinks and purples kinda girl, but I think it looks really nice.


Hope you like it.

5 comments:

MadonnaDunn said...

YAY!! Congratulations Kris, it looks lovely!!

Shelley said...

Welcome to blogging! I'm a newbie, too. Both in blogging (3 days) and SU demonstrating (8 months.) Good luck to you and nice job on the card!

Shelly said...

It looks like you've got alot of new goodies to play with, your card looks great!

Nikki Bond said...

This turned out great Kristie!!! You have lots of new goodies to play with! I'm jealous! ;) Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {SMILES}

Leonie Schroder said...

Lovely card Kristie ... welcome to the world of blogging! Its all good fun :D

Leonie

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online