Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Not quite what I intended...

Caardvarks is having another challenge and this time the prize is a spot as a guest designer! The challenge is to make cards based on two sketches exclusive to Caardvarks by the awesomely talented Kazan and Laura from 2 Sketches 4 You. I sat down last night to make a card based on this sketch by Kazan:
And this is what I ended up making:
Mmmmmm...doesn't really follow the sketch huh? I honestly intended to make a card closely following Kazan's fabulous sketch, but as I went along it took on a life of it's own and turned out rather different! I will have another try later I think.

As for the details of this one....I've used Regal Rose, Rose Red, Mellow Moss and Whisper White CS, the background paper is the So Swirly wheel in Mellow Moss and the heart {from 'Always'} and the Thank you {from 'Wonderful Words'} are stamped in VersaMark and embossed with Silver. The flower on the bottom left is made 2 of the little flowers from 'Always' stamped in VersaMark and clear embossed, then cut out and mounted onto a five petal punch flower in Mellow Moss for leaves and held together with a silver brad. The wide Rose Red ribbon is from my favourite 'Fairytale' ribbon originals. Oh, and I pierced around the heart using the mat pack and piercing tool.

I actually really like the way it turned out...it's just not very much like the sketch and I'm not sure whether I should enter it in the challenge....I'll have to see if I can come up with something better!

Have an awesome day,
Kristie

2 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

Wow! Sketch or no sketch this card turned out AMAZING! Love the embossed images against that color CS and the swirls in the BG are fabulous! {SMILES}

June Houck said...

I rather like your card better. I tried that same sketch today, but I got nuthin' nuthin' nuthin'. I'll have to try again tomorrow. I did manage the other 'Varks sketch though. I hope to blog it later today.

I really like your card today! You should mass produce that for sure to keep on hand for anniversaries, Valentine's, or more thank yous :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online