Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Abby

I did sit down and *force* myself to make a birthday card for Miss Abby last night....but it's not exactly spectacular!!!At least she's only 2 and probably doesn't care too much....lol! At least her purple loving daddy will like it for sure :) The flowers from Embrace Life were stamped onto polka dot Almost Amethyst DP, the Happy Birthday came from Happy Everything and is embossed in white, and the other colours in the card are Lavender Lace and Elegant Eggplant.

This time I deliberately made the card front shorter than the back, and lined the back with a large Amethyst polka dot. The ribbon is Eggplant and there's a little bitty purple rhinestone brad on the front flower. That's it, pretty simple....but it took forever and was really frustrating :) Oh well....things are bound to improve from here.

Hope you all come back tomorrow, because I'm going to be running a little competition to win some BLOG CANDY!!!! Yep...I've never given any away, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to clear out some of my excess DP, buttons, ribbon and such. If that sounds good to you come back and see me then....but there is a catch to it....but I'm not telling just yet!

See you tomorrow
Kristie

4 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Oooh, Candy with a Catch! I have that category, too. Can't wait to see what you've cooked up! :-)

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome and I'm not too fond of purple - I like the way you always experiment with your card designs. Keep it up.

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Beautiful Kristie, love all the purples together :)

Holly Young said...

oh Kristie I really like this, but purple is also my favorite color!
Be sure to post a picture of your cabinet after you decorate it!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online