Friday, July 24, 2009

Still reading…

I am just in the mood at the moment…all I want to do is curl up and read. I am now onto my fourth book in 4 days!!! That’s the only problem with being a fast reader…you go through so many books when the urge comes over you :) Yesterday I read the new Jeffrey Deaver book, Roadside Crosses. Very twisty and tricky…but that’s Deaver for you :) The day before I read the book Lauren sent me for my birthday, The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson. I stayed up til 1am to finish that one…and it was totally worth the lost sleep :) Thanks Lauren!  Finally, the name of the book I was talking about in the last post is *The Athena Factor* by W. Michael Gear. It was published in 2005 and I picked it up from the cheapie book stand in Big W. It’s all about genetics and the cult of celebrity…it was a great read by an excellent writer, but I don’t know if it would be easy to find.

So, enough about what I’m reading…I found a couple of things I’ve made and haven’t shared, so today I’ll share one of them with you and hopefully I will find some time to try and get creative later on today.

S6302258

This is one of the Anya’s that Tracey sent me. I coloured her with Copics and used some of the lovely papers she also sent me in the blog candy…I think this one is an Amy Butler print. The button came from Mama’s stash and the sentiment is from the Soft Summer set which will be available in the Spring mini. That gorgeous scalloped oval punch is in that new mini too…you NEED this punch BTW, it’s gorgeous!

OK, gotta go…my little nephew just arrived and I need cuddles ;)

Lily signature copy_thumb[1]

5 comments:

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the yellow-to-green gradation of colors you've used, and I'm a pushover for cards with Anya and Miss Anya stamps.

I read a lot too. Do you read Jodi Picoult's books? I always read the new ones when they come out, even though I get frustrated by them sometimes. (If you read her, you'll know what I mean!)

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh this is fantastic. I love the colours. You did a fantastic job. i love it love it love it.
mwah
Trace

Nikki Bond said...

Holy moly girl...4 books in 4 days...sounds like my Mom.....I don't know how it is possible to read that fast...but you both do it! I tend to dose when I read! LOL....unless I'm reading when I'm exercising..then thankfull I'm wide awake! :o)....Fabulous card by the way....gorgeous!

{sMILES}

Debbie Pamment said...

I just got this Anya stamp today - she's gorgeous - love what you've done with her!!
xXx

June Houck said...

Love your Anya card!!! I never would have looked at that paper and do anything with it; YOU are brilliant! It is so inspiring to me. This is one of my fave Kristie cards. The red, green, and grey are fab together...I must remember this :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online